Solitaire Adventure in Canada’s Wilds
Alone Against the Frost is a solo horror adventure for one player, set during a research expedition to Canada’s Northwest Territories during the 1920s. Here, you choose your own path as you navigate through the story—your choices will determine whether you find success or failure!
Chaosium Unveiled: Inside Alone Against the Frost
You take on the role of Dr. L. C. Nadelmann, an anthropologist from the renowned Miskatonic University in Arkham, MA. Accompanied by three of your most gifted and practical graduate students, as well as an experienced local guide, you set off into the fabled valley of the North Hanninah in search of the anthropological discovery that will make your career and bring you fame. Or, so you hope.
Your expedition members are:
- Dr. L. C. Nadelmann, an academic obsessed by early North American prehistory, myths, and legends, particularly in the Big Woods region.
- Bernard Ebstein, a cherubic-looking native New Yorker, eager to experience life in the wilds before his upcoming marriage to his sweetheart, Catherine.
- Sylvia Davidson, the latest in a long line of Boston Brahmins, destined for academic greatness thanks to her dedication and determination.
- Norman Falkner, a mature, largely self-taught student whose calm nature acts as a steadying influence on those around him.
- Charlie Foxtail, a cautious Tsuut’ina professional wilderness guide, hired to lead the expedition safely through the North Hanninah.
But such a journey is fraught with difficulties, from dangerous white water to the superstitious beliefs of the region’s inhabitants—not to mention the wildlife!
Will you manage to survive every challenge this hostile environment throws at you? Will your companions? Can you return with your reputation—and your sanity—intact? Only time will tell.
Armed with a pencil, some roleplaying dice, and a copy of the Call of Cthulhu Rulebook or the Call of Cthulhu Starter Set, you are ready to brave the remote wilderness as one of MU’s youngest ever professors! Dare you take on the challenge? If the answer is yes, then don’t forget to wrap up warm! It can get mighty cold out there...
Originally released over 30 years ago, this new edition of Alone Against the Frost has been completely revised and updated for Call of Cthulhu 7th edition—over 650 entries, complete with new illustrations and an afterword by the original author.
Will you survive, alone against the frost?
Unable to meet up with your gaming group?
Check out our collection of Solo Call of Cthulhu Adventures!
Downloads for this Product
What The Critics Say
"If you have a free night to yourself and want to fill it with interesting horror and trauma, this will make the night worthwhile."
— Never Read the Latin, One Shot TPKs: Alone Against the Frost.
>"STYLE 5, SUBSTANCE 5. Alone Against the Frost is the best solo adventure new Chaosium has published up to now"
— Antonios S., RPG.net review of Alone Against the Frost.
Physical Product Settings
Is Physical Product: [Y]
Has Inventory: [Y]
United States: [Y]
United Kingdom: [Y]
Is PDF Available: [Y]
PDF Product Name: [Alone Against the Frost - PDF]
PDF Product Link: [[/alone-against-the-frost-pdf/]
Has Physical Product: [Y]
Is Physical Available: [N]
Physical Product Name: [Alone Against the Frost]
Physical Product Link: [/alone-against-the-frost/]
- Rule Set:
- Call of Cthulhu 7th Edition
- Year Released:
- Black and White Softcover
- Page Count:
- Glenn Rahman, Gavin Inglis
- Cover Artist:
- Veronica Anrathi
- Interior Artists:
- Veronica Anrathi, Kristina Carroll, Lee Simpson