"What will you discover when you meet this gallery of fools and villains and dreamers?"
—Joseph S. Pulver, Sr.
The Necronomicon. For centuries, scholars of the occult have sought out the darkly fabled tome, hoping to gain insight into the secret workings of the universe—or unbridled power. Instead, the book rewards their pursuit with madness and devastation.
Under the guidance of Shirley Jackson Award-winning editor Joseph S. Pulver, Sr., The Leaves of a Necronomicon traces the impact of a single copy of the mysterious work on its owners and those around them as it passes from hand to hand across the decades.
The history is told in braided novel form, with chapters contributed by a gathering of outstanding horror and dark fantasy authors, including S. P. Miskowski, Michael Cisco, Damien Angelica Walters, Nick Mamatas, Anna Tambour, and Jeffrey Thomas.
Table of Contents
- Introduction: From Hand to Hand . . . to Hand— by Joseph S. Pulver, Sr.
- Chapter 1: The Bookmaker by Nate Pedersen
- Chapter 2: The Collector of Rare Editions by Donald Tyson
- Chapter 3: Down to a Sunless Sea by Allyson Bird
- Chapter 4: Dawn Watch by Daniel Mills
- Chapter 5: Liquor City by Nick Mamatas
- Interlude: In Waves by S. P. Miskowski
- Chapter 6: Eyes on Fire by Cody Goodfellow
- Chapter 7: Horrors Worse than Hell by Robert M. Price
- Chapter 8: Laying the Words by Don Webb
- Interlude: Mysteries Don’t Sleep by Anna Tambour
- Chapter 9: The Sun Saw by Mike Allen
- Chapter 10: American Ghost by John Claude Smith
- Chapter 11: Flickering I Roam by E. Catherine Tobler
- Chapter 12: Sewn into Pieces, Stitched into Place by Damien Angelica Walters
- Chapter 13: Too Many Pages by Simon Strantzas
- Chapter 14: 11:00 by Nikki Guerlain
- Chapter 15: Void Kiss by Michael Cisco
- Interlude: Letter Found Sitting atop a Rare Old Handbook of Dark Portent by Anna Tambour
- Chapter 16: And I Watered It in Fears by Sunny Moraine
- Chapter 17: Miles and Kathrine at the Crimson by Michael Griffin
- Chapter 18: Passages for the Dying and the Dead by S. P. Miskowski
- Chapter 19: Ménage à Trois by Ross E. Lockhart
- Chapter 20: The Persuader by Jeffrey Thomas
- Afterword: Over the Moon by Anna Tambour
Includes EPUB, PDF, and MOBI formats.
Physical Product Settings
Is Physical Product: [Y]
Has Inventory: [Y]
United States: [Y]
United Kingdom: [Y]
Has Lulu: [N]
Lulu Product Name: [Nameless Horrors - POD]
Lulu Product Link: [/nameless-horrors-pod/]
Is PDF Available: [Y]
PDF Product Name: [The Leaves of a Necronomicon - EPUB]
PDF Product Link: [/the-leaves-of-a-necronomicon-epub/]
Has Physical Product: [Y]
Is Physical Available: [N]
Physical Product Name: [Y]
Physical Product Link: [Y]
- Year Released:
- Black & White Trade Paperback
- Page Count:
- Joseph S. Pulver Sr.
- Mike Allen, Allyson Bird, Michael Cisco, Cody Goodfellow, Michael Griffin, Nikki Guerlain, Ross E. Lockhart, Nick Mamatas, Daniel Mills, S. P. Miskowski, Sunny Moraine, Nate Pedersen, Robert M. Price, John Claude Smith
- Authors (continued):
- Simon Strantzas, Anna Tambour, Jeffrey Thomas, E. Catherine Tobler, Donald Tyson, Damien Angelica Walters, Don Webb
- Inkspiral Design