October 2021 marks the 40th anniversary of Call of Cthulhu. In honor of the occasion, we have specially prepared a range of new investigator sheets, available free to download.
The new sheets are currently include:
- Standard Call of Cthulhu (1920s and modern-day versions)
- Pulp Cthulhu
- Down Darker Trails (standard and pulp versions)
- Cthulhu Dark Ages (standard and pulp versions)
Each version is “auto-fill” and can be kept and updated on a computer and printed out as needed. Each version is provided in color and black & white format.
While these new sheets will look familiar to Call of Cthulhu players, there are a few differences worth noting:
- The new design allows the sheets to be used with a wider range of PDF viewers on computers and most tablets, as well as in preview mode on most computers. Note: the character sheets are viewable in a browser, but the auto-calc feature will be disabled.
- We’ve increased the text size where possible to make the sheets clearer to read. And, we’ve added a new (optional) third sheet that allows players to keep notes, write extended backgrounds, or record whatever useful information is appropriate.
- There are also some new features available, which are described in detail here.
Call of Cthulhu 40th anniversary investigator sheets were designed by Mike Mason, Matt Ryan, and Max Harrison. Our thanks go to Lynne and Richard Hardy, Paul Fricker, Matt Nott, and others who helped to playtest the sheets.