Invitations to Adventure
Seven ready-to-play adventures for RuneQuest!
Set in the mythic fantasy world of Glorantha, The Pegasus Plateau & Other Stories features seven complete ready-to-play adventures, taking you from ghoul-haunted catacombs, into mystic ruins, across the arid deserts of Prax, and up to the rocky pinnacle of the Pegasus Plateau!
The seven adventures are:
- The Pegasus Plateau is a desperate race to the top of a mountain to claim a priceless reward.
- The Grey Crane concerns an ancient legacy, stolen from its rightful owner.
- The Rattling Wind is a deadly tale of ghosts and unearthly revenge.
- Crimson Petals describes a curse afflicting a beleaguered town.
- Gloomwillow's Hollow details the Woods of the Dead, a realm ruled by ghouls and worse.
- The Ruin on the Stream delves into an ancient ruin in search of long-lost secrets of dragon magic.
- The Pairing Stones presents a tale of a wedding interrupted, lovers separated and reunited.
Additionally, The Locaem is a new tribe for use by gamemasters and players, and the lonely village of Renekot's Hope, perched between the Lunar Empire and its enemies in Sartar, provide refuge... or a springboard for adventure!
Suitable for new and veteran gamemasters and players, each adventure spotlights a unique aspect or area of Dragon Pass. They can be used as introductions to Glorantha or as part of existing campaigns.
What the Critics Say
"This is an RQ collection of adventures every bit as cutting edge as anything other system on the market."—Andrew Logan Montgomery, Exploring the Otherworlds of Fiction, Magic, and Gaming.
Physical Product Settings
Is Physical Product: [N]
Has Inventory: [Y]
United States: [Y]
United Kingdom: [Y]
Has Lulu: [N]
Lulu Product Name: [Nameless Horrors - POD]
Lulu Product Link: [/nameless-horrors-pod/]
Is PDF Available: [Y]
PDF Product Name: [The Pegasus Plateau & Other Stories - PDF]
PDF Product Link: [/the-pegasus-plateau-other-stories-pdf/]
Has Physical Product: [Y]
Is Physical Available: [Y]
Physical Product Name: [The Pegasus Plateau & Other Stories - Hardcover]
Physical Product Link: [/the-pegasus-plateau-other-stories-hardcover/]
- Rule Set:
- 4th Edition Chaosium RuneQuest
- Year Released:
- Full Color PDF
- Page Count:
- Jason Brick, Rachael Cruz, Steffie de Vaan, Jason Durall, Helena Nash, Steve Perrin, Diana Probst, Jeff Richard, Dom Twist, John Wick
- Cover Artist:
- Andrey Fetisov
- Interior Artists:
- Dimitrina Angelska, Dominik Derow, Antonia Doncheva, Andrey Fetisov, Elena Herrero, Jennifer Lange, Michelle Lockamy, Eli Maffei, Sarah Miller, Naomi Robinson, Valentina Romagnoli, Simon Roy, Cory Trego-Erdner
- Simeon Cogswell, Matt Ryan, Olivier Sanfilippo, Tobias Tranell
- Simeon Cogswell
A supplement providing descriptions of interesting locations, marred by lackluster scenarios and poor writing & editing. It appears to be a recurring issue with RQ:G products that the provided maps, while beautiful, are inaccurate or incomplete. If a scenario lists the important locations, why wouldn't the maps include those locations? Or, in the case of the "Grey Crane" adventure, they are straight up wrong??? The diagrams of Miskander's Tower don't match the descriptions in the adventure, no matter which direction you turn them, especially the basement level. And typos and lazy writing... For the "Rattling Wind" adventure, it is clear the editor didn't update some of the cross references (such as page "4" instead of "53"). That's just unacceptable for a product customers pay money for. In regards to lazy writing, this adventure contains broken logic like the mysterious monster is a mystery, but once the players encounter it, they find it leaves very clear, very unmysterious tracks. But if it left such clear tracks, why was it such a mystery to begin with? And typos, such as character write ups that are missing values. And deviations from canon world-building, such as references to "months". Glorantha doesn't have months. It has seasons, which last 8 weeks. So, I guess it's up to the GM to decide what the writers mean by a "month". And other minor things that bugged me, like the nearly 800-year old EWF expert that somehow has weaker knowledge stats (and lower reputation) than a burnt-out Lhankor Mhy initiate. I suspect the authors didn't collaborate, or that the editor didn't edit. It all leaves me leery of the future of RQ:G products, never mind the Jonstown Compendium options.
This was a great piece, all the content it's useful. Really happy with the product.
Couldn't wait to get this and not disappointed. Great artwork and nice scenarios. Will set the scene for those new to the setting and will delight those who have played for years. Another class product.