Roleplaying Beyond the Veil of Sleep
We all dream . . .
For some, dreams can become reality. H.P. Lovecraft's Dreamlands provides everything needed for Call of Cthulhu or Cthulhu Dark Ages investigators to travel down the seven hundred steps, through the Gates of Deeper Slumber, and into the realm of dreams. Includes a travelogue of the Dreamlands, a huge gazetteer, Dreamlands character creation rules, over thirty prominent NPC's, over 60 monsters dwelling within the Dreamlands, descriptions of the Dreamlands gods and their cults, six adventures to help jump start a Dreamlands campaign, and a map of the Dreamlands by Andy Hopp.
Includes the adventures "Pickmans Student"; "The Lemon Sails";" To Sleep, Perchance to Dream"; "Season of the Witch"; "The Land of Lost Dreams"; "Captives of Two Worlds".
- Chapter One, Through the Gate of Deeper Slumber, describes how to get to the Dreamlands, some of the basic rules that apply there, and how to leave afterward.
- Chapter Two, The Atmosphere of Dreams, outlines a number of styles of Dreamlands keeping, and also offers some options for integrating Dreamlands adventures into an ongoing Waking World campaign.
- Chapter Three, The Dream-Quest of Randolph Carter, provides a travelogue of the Dreamlands. It traces the journey of Randolph Carter when he searched for Unknown Kadath. In doing so it introduces many of the people and places in the Dreamlands.
- Chapter Four, Gazetteer of the Dreamlands, offers a geographical survey of the Dreamlands by examining the distinct regions of: The East, The North, Oriab, The Seas, The South, The West, The Moon, The Underworld, and Worlds Beyond.
- Chapter Five, People of the Dreamlands, lists a number of important non-player characters within the Dreamlands.
- Chapter Six, TheÛöDreamlands Bestiary, collects information on a number of creatures native to the Dreamlands and nearby dimensions.
- Chapter Seven, Gods of the Dreamlands, is a religious overview of the Dreamlands. It lists the gods worshiped there, from the Lesser Dreamlands Deities to the fearsomeÛöOuter Gods.
- Chapter Eight, The Dreamlands Grimoire, completes the background section by listing artifacts, tomes, and spells which can be found in the fantastical world of dreams.
THIS IS A DOWNLOADABLE BOOK. by Chris Williams & Sandy Petersen; cover art by Raymond Bayless. 8.5 x 11, 256 pages, Illustrated, downloadable watermarked PDF book with cover images, created from electronic production files. Includes access to a jpeg of a color map of the Dreamlands.
Physical Product Settings
Is Physical Product: [N]
Has Inventory: [N]
United States: [Y]
United Kingdom: [N]
Is PDF Available: [N]
PDF Product Name: [N]
PDF Product Link: [N]
Has Physical Product: [N]
Is Physical Available: [N]
Physical Product Name: [N]
Physical Product Link: [N]
- 5th Edition Call of Cthulhu
- Digital PDF
- Page Count:
- Chris Williams, Sandy Petersen, Shannon Appel, Kerie Campbell, Jacqueline Clegg, Scott Clegg, Phil Frances, Keith Herber, Susan Hutchinson, Lynn Willis
- Cover Artist:
- Raymond Bayless
- Interior Artists:
- Raymond Bayless, Paul Carrick, Jason Eckhardt, Steve Gallacci, Earl Geier, Andy Hopp, Kevin Ramos, Mark Roland, Carolyn Schultz-Savoy