Mythos Terror in the Weird West
The western-horror story is far older than what most of us would even consider “the west”. For generations the American Indians told dark tales of their own, of spider women, skin-walkers, cannibals, witches, and thunderbirds. When white men ventured into the west, they learned some of these nightmarish stories from the natives—and they brought or created their own as well: tales told around campfires of mournful ghosts and vengeful spirits and terrible monsters native to the wild new land west of the Mississippi.
That’s where Edge of Sundown comes in. This collection brings tales that visit the darker regions of the west, the places steeped in myth, legend, and blood. Meet the men and women who lived there—the monsters within and without. Make no mistake, there are more than a few gun-throwing hardcases in these stories, but by and large our protagonists are ordinary folks caught up in very extraordinary circumstances. Most importantly, this is an anthology of western-HORROR tales, not western-fantasy. No tall tales here, no wink-and-a-nudge-as-it’s-all-good-fun safe betting. We’re looking to give you the creeps, fair and square, no fooling around.
So right about now you should be checking to make sure your guns are loaded, that your holster is oiled, and you’ve got your hat cinched on tight.
THIS IS A DOWNLOADABLE PRODUCT IN MULTIPLE ELECTRONIC FORMATS (EPUB, MOBI, PRC). Selected and edited by Kevin Ross & Brian M. Sammons. Cover art by Daniele Serra. 296 pages.
The Tales Included:
- The Claw Spurs by John Shirley
- Cemetery Man by Silvia Moreno-Garcia
- Jiang Shi in Chinatown by Kelda Crich
- Innocents Abroad by Don Webb
- Forked Tongue by Cody Goodfellow
- The Buzzard Women by Christine Morgan
- The Flute Players by Bruce L. Priddy
- In Thunder’s Shadow by Edward M. Erdelac
- Silver Wolf by Andrew Kelly
- Whisper by Mark Onspaugh
- The Dark Cell by Jeffrey Thomas
- The Two of Guns by John F.D. Taff
- Red Shadows in Terror Canyon by Lawrence Berry
- Feast of Famine by Brian M. Sammons
- Son of the Wild Moon by Michael G. Szymanski
- Drake Takes a Hand by Pete Rawlik
- The Puppet Master by Sam Stone
- Uncle Gunnysack by C.L. Werner
- The Buzzard by Eric Red
Inventory locations for this Product
All products will ship from the closest warehouse, and shipping is calculated per warehouse. We recommend you try to submit orders for a single warehouse at a time. See here for more examples.
eBook Included with Book - Add it to Cart after you choose this.
if you add Edge of Sundown to your cart, the Edge of Sundown eBook will be available for free! You should add the eBook to your shopping cart after you add the physical book in order to receive your FREE eBook. Please check your shopping cart for a link to the eBook before you begin the check out process.