WeAreAllUs: play a game and honor Greg Stafford, October 10 - 31
OCTOBER 10 is the first anniversary of the passing Chaosium founder Greg Stafford, the 'grand shaman of gaming'.
As one of the greatest game designers of all time; winner of too many awards to count; and a friend, mentor, guide, and inspiration to generations of gamers, Greg Stafford influenced the universe of tabletop gaming beyond measure.
- On October 10 Chaosium will be releasing a set of new free adventures for all our major game systems (RuneQuest, Call of Cthulhu, King Arthur Pendragon, 7th Sea, HeroQuest) you can play. We'll release details about these scenarios in the coming weeks.
- Or play any of Greg's games, or a game he influenced (that scope is **wide**)
- Or play any game at all - as Greg said in his last public speech at the 2018 ENnies, the gaming industry only exists because of your enthusiasm and support. We at Chaosium recognise that countless RPG fans are fans (including us!) because of Greg Stafford and what he achieved.
- Feel free to share an image of your game on social media or at BRP Central, with the hashtag #WeAreAllUs.
- Show the "Greg Rune" (aka the Sartar Rune) in your post - copy and print the image here, or from Redbubble (all "Greg Rune" merchandise is currently available at cost, with no artist margin).
What better way to honor his legacy than getting your friends together and playing a game in remembrance of him!
We would like to again share the final words from the obituary by Greg Stafford's family:
To honor Greg’s memory the family requests, in lieu of flowers,
that you strike up a conversation with someone you don’t know,
go somewhere you haven’t been,
face a personal challenge head on,
read about something new,
and enjoy life.
We are all us."
—from everyone in the Chaosium team.