The 'Unnatural Selections' series is our regular round up of notable Chaosium reviews worth a look.
When the RuneQuest Starter Set was released late last year, initial reactions were ecstatic – with reviewers saying it is the "best starter set I've ever bought", "perfection in a box", and "raising the bar to new heights".
Here's what more reviewers have said about it since then – the accolades continue:
- "This is truly an amazing product. On so many levels. I think, most importantly, it showcases Chaosium's approach to their business and consumers. Game companies aren't forced to do Starter Sets like this. And they usually don't. Chaosium makes products for fans." — RPG Imaginings.
- "If you've wanted to try out RuneQuest, this is the product for you. If you're a GM wanting to get into something more about a deep, profound spiritual world than killing monsters and taking their stuff, buy it." — OzRPGDice.
- "The perfect introduction to RuneQuest... it really does set a standard by which other starter sets are going to be measured. Chaosium did that already with the Call of Cthulhu Starter Set, now it has done it again with the RuneQuest Starter Set." — Reviews from R'lyeh.
- "A gentle learning curve for Glorantha... I have no idea what more Chaosium could do to make the game easier to get into short of sending out RuneQuest referees to go door-to-door offering introductory sessions." — Refereeing & Reflection.
- "It is the best RPG boxed set I've seen, and certainly the best value. Honestly, if you are into RPGs at all, you need to pick this up. You will regret it if you don't." — M.T. Black, best-selling RPG author (Baldur's Gate: Descent into Avernus), DM's Guild.
- "This starter set is outstanding... I recommend it highly to anyone who enjoys fantasy RPGs and wants to try a long-lived unique setting and well tested rules." — Charles Dunwoody 'Played It' Review, EN World.
- "10/10 – Once again Chaosium Inc creates an RPG starter set and knocks it out of the park." — The Gaming Gang (in the video Jeff McAleer says he'd give the RQ Starter Set 11/10 if he could).
Get your own copy of the RuneQuest Starter Set! USD$29.99, price includes PDF: