Blasphemous Knowledge, Forbidden Secrets, and Handy Information
The Keeper's Companion vol. 1 is an invaluable resource for Call of Cthulhu keepers. New material includes advice for new keepers, a lengthy study of Mythos artifacts, a learned discussion of many occult books, an up-to-the-moment description of every facet of forensic medicine, a thorough revision and expansion of the game skills (including nearly two dozen new ones), and the augmented text of the Keeper's Compendium, somewhat updated — forbidden books, secret cults, alien races, and mysterious places. Additional short essays and features round out this book. Second Printing.
- "13 Suggestions for Keepers" — Common sense and sly applications to improve your games.
- "Occult Books" — More than 60 occult books and references summarized, often including titles of individual chapters.
- "Languages and Scripts" — A quick guide to when languages and language forms existed.
- "Arcane Antiquities" — More than 20 items and artifacts not gathered in the rulesbook, taken from stories and scenarios. Background, pertinent stats, mechanics.
- "Secret Cults" — Antagonists, allies, and scholars who know too much for safety or sanity.
- "Forensic Medicine" — the science and techniques of death investigation, past and present, in cogent detail.
- "Alien Races, Mysterious Places" — Two short chapters concerning special mysteries of the Mythos, from deep ones and voormis to Atlantis, Yuggoth, and beyond.
- "Skills, Expansions, New Skills" — fresh discussion of skill applications, coverages, and how some skills relate. More than 80 skills.
- Plus Good Cthulhu Hunting, An Alternate Resistance Table, Feverish Study, Law Enforcement Timeline, Circumstances of Death by State, Brainstorming, Books and Sanity, Alternate Rules, updated Investigator's Sheet, etc.
THIS IS A DOWNLOADABLE BOOK. by Keith Herber, et. al.; Illustrated by Paul Carrick, Drashi Khendup, Earl Geier, Tom Sullivan, Dreyfus, Lisa A. Free, Jason Eckhardt; Cover by Paul Carrick. 208 pages, illustrated, indexed. 8.5 x 11" downloadable watermarked PDF book with cover images, created from electronic production files.