Blasphemous Knowledge, Forbidden Secrets, and Handy Information
The Keeper's Companion vol. 1 is an invaluable resource for Call of Cthulhu keepers. New material includes advice for new keepers, a lengthy study of Mythos artifacts, a learned discussion of many occult books, an up-to-the-moment description of every facet of forensic medicine, a thorough revision and expansion of the game skills (including nearly two dozen new ones), and the augmented text of the Keeper's Compendium, somewhat updated — forbidden books, secret cults, alien races, and mysterious places. Additional short essays and features round out this book. Second Printing.
- "13 Suggestions for Keepers" — Common sense and sly applications to improve your games.
- "Occult Books" — More than 60 occult books and references summarized, often including titles of individual chapters.
- "Languages and Scripts" — A quick guide to when languages and language forms existed.
- "Arcane Antiquities" — More than 20 items and artifacts not gathered in the rulesbook, taken from stories and scenarios. Background, pertinent stats, mechanics.
- "Secret Cults" — Antagonists, allies, and scholars who know too much for safety or sanity.
- "Forensic Medicine" — the science and techniques of death investigation, past and present, in cogent detail.
- "Alien Races, Mysterious Places" — Two short chapters concerning special mysteries of the Mythos, from deep ones and voormis to Atlantis, Yuggoth, and beyond.
- "Skills, Expansions, New Skills" — fresh discussion of skill applications, coverages, and how some skills relate. More than 80 skills.
- Plus Good Cthulhu Hunting, An Alternate Resistance Table, Feverish Study, Law Enforcement Timeline, Circumstances of Death by State, Brainstorming, Books and Sanity, Alternate Rules, updated Investigator's Sheet, etc.
Physical Product Settings
Is Physical Product: [N]
Has Inventory: [Y]
United States: [Y]
United Kingdom: [N]
Is PDF Available: [N]
PDF Product Name: [N]
PDF Product Link: [N]
Has Physical Product: [N]
Is Physical Available: [N]
Physical Product Name: [N]
Physical Product Link: [N]
- 5th Edition Call of Cthulhu
- Year Published:
- Black and White PDF
- Page Count:
- Keith Herber, William Dietze, Brian M. Sammons, Charles P. Zaglanis, Lynn Willis, Sandy Petersen, Kevin A. Ross, Scott David Aniolowski, Sam Johnson, Stacy Clark, Peter Jeffrey, Lucya Szachnowski, John B. Monroe, Bruce Ballon, Davide Gallorini
- Cover Artist:
- Paul Carrick
- Interior Artists:
- Drashi Khendup, Earl Geier, Tom Sullivan, Dreyfus, Lisa A. Free, Jason Eckhardt
This book is nigh-unto essential to Call of Cthulhu 6th edition. I have both the pdf and a copy of the printed version (paperback). It expounds upon the existing rules in the core rulebook. However, while it has the best character sheet I've ever seen for 6th unless you are playing dreamlands, in the pdf version the character sheet is missing lines for writing on for the skills, and that bugs the heck out of me. Well-written, great, but the pdf doesn't do the printed copy justice.