The Call of Cthulhu release The Grand Grimoire of Cthulhu Mythos Magic is now available on Roll20!
Over 500 spells of dire consequences, secrets, and unfathomable power!
Contained within are gathered spells drawn from over thirty years of Call of Cthulhu supplements and scenarios. Each spell has been revised for the Call of Cthulhu 7th Edition game, including optional Deeper Magic for the most powerful of Mythos sorcerers and monsters, with which to beguile and confound investigators.
Packed full of advice and guidance on diverse matters including spell names, elements of spell casting, magical components, and astronomical considerations. Plus flawed spells, ley lines, folk magic, and the magic of the Dreamlands. Use this grimoire as a resource, a play aid, and as inspiration when designing scenarios. The Grand Grimoire of Cthulhu Mythos Magic is an essential supplement for Keepers of Arcane Lore.
Accessing Your Content
- You can access all of the rules, items, and creatures from The Grand Grimoire of Cthulhu Mythos Magic in the in-app compendium, as well as on the Roll20 web compendium.
A Glimpse of the Magic Inside
- Advice on Expanding Magic in your game: the suggestions within this chapter are intended to provide Keepers with ideas and possible scenario plots with which to confound, delight, and horrify their players. Whether ley lines, areas exposed to magical residue, astrological alignments, or other factors, Keepers are encouraged to expand the use of magic within their games, ensuring that "magic" is never a safe, easy, or understandable process, and that it often comes with unforeseen and dire consequences.
- Spells that should not be cast: your investigators will face cultists willing to sacrifice their sanity and indeed their very souls to be able to cast terrible spells in the name of their dark and unforgiving masters.
- And how to integrate Folk Magic (or not).
Play with Less Prep
- All book assets and information fully integrated for the VTT, including all 500+ spells and 9 monsters with drag and drop support onto the official Call of Cthulhu by Roll20 character sheet.
What the Critics say about The Grand Grimoire:
- "Players have been clamoring for a Call of Cthulhu spellbook for years. Here is, in one single tome, the unspeakable knowledge that is bound to break even the most fortified minds." — Antonios S., RPGNet Review.
- "A treasure trove of info… a near indispensable reference work for practically all Call of Cthulhu Keepers." — The Gaming Gang, Thirty Years of Mythos Magicks.
- "Looks like an old tome of magic - as it should... a great resource when you are running a campaign, and especially when you are writing your own adventures." — Geeks-A-Go-Go, The Grand Grimoire of Cthulhu Mythos Magic Reviewed.
Play Call of Cthulhu with Roll20!
Throughout 2021 we'll be adding more Call of Cthulhu releases to Roll20 on a regular basis. Other current titles include:
- Call of Cthulhu Starter Set - $24.99
- Call of Cthulhu Quickstart Rules (inc. 'The Haunting' scenario) - FREE
- Call of Cthulhu Keeper Rulebook - $54.95
- Call of Cthulhu Investigator Handbook - $44.95
- Harlem Unbound - $44.99
- The Lightless Beacon - FREE
- Dead Light and Other Dark Turns - $14.99
- Gateways to Terror - $19.99
- Mansions of Madness Vol 1: Behind Closed Doors - $42.99
- Malleus Monstrorum Cthulhu Mythos Bestiary - $59.99
- Reign of Terror - $34.99
For useful tips and advice about playing Call of Cthulhu and other Chaosium games online, see our helpful Getting Started with Online Gaming guide.