The Call of Cthulhu release Malleus Monstrorum is now available on Roll20!
Here, shall you know the terrors of the void, the nightmare bringers, and the unspeakable lurkers...
Ancient secrets, whispered lore, and collected facts concerning the alien and otherworldly horrors of the Cthulhu Mythos. A cavalcade of monsters and god-like alien intelligences beyond human understanding, all vividly detailed and portrayed. With over 250 entries to inspire countless adventures.
Volume 1: Monsters of the Mythos
From the spawn of Abhoth to yuggs, the monsters of the Mythos are herein described, their lore and statistics updated and revised for the Call of Cthulhu 7th edition game.
With over 150 entries concerning Cthulhu Mythos monsters and alien species, as well as creatures from folklore and animal beasts, this tome supplies a wealth of ideas to bring your campaigns and scenarios life with untold horrors.
Volume 2: Deities of the Mythos
Fundamental truths of the cosmos herein lie, to be used to support and inspire countless adventures by bringing Cthulhu, Hastur, Azathoth, and many others to your games. With over 110 entries concerning great old ones, outer gods, elder gods, avatars, and unique beings, this tome supplies a plethora of ideas to immerse your campaigns and scenarios deep in the heart of Cthulhu Mythos lore.
While humanity may crave both comfort and truth, only one or the other is possible.
Play With Less Prep
The Call of Cthulhu Malleus Monstrorum on Roll20 includes:
- A combined Compendium with all book assets, including rules pages for presenting the mythos and monsters from both volumes.
- Over 300 NPCs and monster variants fully integrated with the Call of Cthulhu 7th Edition by Roll20 character sheet for easy access to drag-and-drop monsters!
- The first compendium expansion to utilize the Call of Cthulhu 7th Edition by Roll20 character sheet's NPC Stat Randomizer, allowing Keepers quick and easy tools to randomize stats for creatures of the mythos!
What the Critics say about Malleus Monstrorum:
- "Without doubt, the definitive Call of Cthulhu monster guide... a full-color feast for the eyes and the absolutely essential compendium of Lovecraftian deities and denizens."
— Andrew Logan Montgomery, Exploring the Otherworlds of Fiction, Magic, and Gaming.
- "Looking back over twenty-five years of monster volumes for Call of Cthulhu, it's obvious that Chaosium's new two-volume Malleus Monstrorum is not just the best, but miles ahead of its predecessors. It's beautifully designed, gorgeously illustrated, and stunningly complete."
— Shannon Appelcline, RPGNet Review.
- "An important entry in the 7th Edition library... the breadth of the project is authoritative and all-inclusive. If I have a question about a Cthulhu Mythos monster this is probably the first place I'm going to go to now."
— Dave Thaumavore, YouTube Review.
- "9/10 - Malleus Monstorum is an absolute gem... Chaosium delivers a jam-packed two volume reference that blends flavor and mechanics to offer Keepers a detailed accounting of Mythos-based threats."
— The Gaming Gang, A Monstrous Manual Reviewed.
- "Five out of five eldritch tentacles – I think the slipcase is worth it just for the first book of monsters alone. What a horrifying and terrifying collection to rend investigators with and threaten to eat the heads of heroes."
— Charles Dunwoody, ENWorld, Malleus Monstrorum Unboxing.
Play Call of Cthulhu with Roll20!
Throughout 2021 we'll be adding more Call of Cthulhu releases to Roll20 on a regular basis. Other current titles include:
- Call of Cthulhu Starter Set - $24.99
- Call of Cthulhu Quickstart Rules (inc. 'The Haunting' scenario) - FREE
- Call of Cthulhu Keeper Rulebook - $54.95
- Call of Cthulhu Investigator Handbook - $44.95
- Harlem Unbound - $44.99
- The Lightless Beacon - FREE
- Dead Light and Other Dark Turns - $14.99
- Gateways to Terror - $19.99
- Mansions of Madness Vol 1: Behind Closed Doors - $42.99
For useful tips and advice about playing Call of Cthulhu and other Chaosium games online, see our helpful Getting Started with Online Gaming guide.