ENnie award winning Pedro Zivani's manuscript for the second edition of Mythic Iceland is now in the hands of Chaosium for editing and art direction.
Pedro says, "It’s been wonderful to be given the chance to work on this new edition and to improve on the original book. I’m very happy with the new content, and the final shape of the rules system. Play testing has gone smashingly well. It’s great to see Mythic Iceland as a self-contained, complete game".
Below is a brief summary of what’s new in Mythic Iceland 2nd Edition:
- Complete rules included, based on new RuneQuest and BRP Essentials rules.
- More character creation options, many examples included.
- Completely reworked god allegiance system - more options, more flavour, more cool powers, and easier to use.
- Rune Magic system has been streamlined while keeping all the flexibility from the previous edition.
- New Seiður Magic system that is simple yet deep, and based on how seiður (a form of shamanism) appears in the Icelandic Sagas. It's got a very distinct flavour from rune magic.
- New rules for ship handling and naval chases.
- New rules for repairing damaged weapons and damaged ships.
- New rules for running a Viking raid from beginning to end, based on risk/reward balance, includes tables for loot, opposition, and town design.
- Two new adventures included - the first adventure is heavy on the mythical and follows a scripted design. The second adventure is a murder mystery sandbox that plays like a tragic Viking Saga story featuring greed, love, and death.
- A set of ready-to-play characters so you can get gaming right away.
- Lots of rule tweaks and added setting details. No chapter was left untouched.
Mythic Iceland 2nd Edition will also feature new full colour internal layout and art. It is slated for release in the first half of 2017.