Have you checked out the Miskatonic Repository at DriveThruRPG yet? Are you a Keeper looking for new scenarios and story elements? A player looking for something mysterious to spark a character idea? Is your group looking for eerie ideas to use in your game? The Miskatonic Repository is where you can find —and create —self-published material for the Call of Cthulhu RPG. Creators can offer their work free of charge, set a price, or offer it as pay-what-you-want.
We are delighted Reviews from Rl'yeh (the blog "dedicated to reviews of RPGs and their supplements, with an emphasis on Call of Cthulhu and other Lovecraftian inspired games") has decided to take a look at Misktatonic Repository creations, also using the #MiskatonicMonday hashtag.
So far, the prolific Pookie has covered five MR contributions; hopefully there'll be more as Mondays continue to come around. Here are the current reviews, with the elevator pitches Pookie's given for each title:
- The Idol of Thoth—"Against the clock mystery to find a missing idol by the light of the silvery moon".
- Terror Itself—"Archaeology meets things under the bed, all against the clock".
- Shortcut of Supernaturalism: Jasper St. Jones Got The Prettiest Bones—"The Haunting meets 'The Case of Charles Dexter Ward' meets Cronos".
- Plague—"Against the clock, medical emergency to defeat the shrubbery of death".
- Isle of Madness—"The Tempest meets The Island of Doctor Moreau in the Bermuda Triangle with not-Deep Ones".
Check out all of these titles and more at the Miskatonic Repository!
New at the Miskatonic Repository
A brand new addition to the repository is An Invitation in Yellow by Patrick Viggo Moeller. This is a pay-what-you-want scenario (recommended price $2.99). Patrick says it is an excellent introductory adventure for five hours play.