A time of social niceties, grand balls, romantic intrigues and disappointments.Twisted horrors that have lain dormant for centuries now seek to burst forth into England.
The latest release for the award-winning tabletop horror game, Call of Cthulhu, releases worldwide today, allowing players to expand their game to the Regency-era of England, made famous by the novels of Jane Austen.
REGENCY CTHULHU includes new rules for creating Regency-era Investigators, along with new skills and occupations unique to this slice of history.
The book also introduces a brand new mechanic to Call of Cthulhu: Reputation. Much like Sanity and Luck, Reputation is a fluctuating statistic that measures a character’s standing amongst others in high society, and will rise and fall during play.
A detailed primer on the fictional English town of Tarryford gives a beginning Keeper everything they need to use the town as a setting for their Call of Cthulhu games in both 1813 and 1913.
REGENCY CTHULHU also contains two scenarios designed to introduce players to the Regency-era. The scenarios can be played as one-off games, or used as the foundation for an ongoing campaign.
Regency Cthulhu: Dark Designs in Jane Austen’s England is a historical sourcebook for Call of Cthulhu. Inside, you’ll find:
- Details on Regency-era England (1811–1820).
- Rules for creating Regency-era investigators, along with new period-appropriate skills and occupations.
- A detailed primer on the fictional town of Tarryford, for use as a campaign setting in both 1813 and 1913.
- Two scenarios with handouts and maps, designed to introduce players to the Regency era and the mysteries of Tarryford.
- New rules for character Reputation and Estates, as well as Regency-era equipment and weapons.
- Six pre-generated Call of Cthulhu investigators and six Pulp Cthulhu investigators, ready to pick up and play.
Regency Cthulhu available from Chaosium.com now!
- Full colour hardcover (price includes PDF) – $44.99
- Special leatherette edition (price includes PDF) – $99.99
- PDF – $22.99 (nb if you purchase the PDF direct from Chaosium, we'll take that amount off if you later decide to buy the physical book)
- PDF also available at DriveThruRPG - $22.99
WHAT THE CRITICS ARE SAYING
“If you’re seeking the thin whisper of air between two hovering hands in an open ballroom but aren’t afraid to find a writhing tentacle reaching out for you instead, Regency Cthulhu is for you.” — OnePaigeRPG
“[...]the world of strict etiquette, teas and reputation as top currency as an interesting, refreshing experience.” — Adam Waskiewicz, Polter.Pl
“Sleep, or repose that deserved the name of sleep, was out of question. That… in which her disturbed imagination had tormented her on her first arrival, was again the scene of agitated spirits and unquiet slumbers.” — Jane Austen