The Call of Cthulhu release Reign of Terror is now available on Roll20!
Liberty! Equality! Fraternity!
A time of struggle, intrigue, and horror. A divided country, where the upper class enjoys the bounty of wealth, and the poor cannot afford a loaf of bread. Where the cries of anger and rage at life’s injustices find momentum, sparking the people to unite and cast away the old regime for a brighter and more hopeful tomorrow. In time, hope will be replaced with fear as The Terror descends upon France, and the guillotine cries out for blood.
The crowds gather baying for blood, while the “chop-chop-chop” of the guillotine calls out…
Part One, set in 1789 amid the stirrings of the revolution, sees the investigators descend into the catacombs of Paris and brave the tribulations of courtly life, where debauchery and wickedness bring their own terrors.
Part Two, set during The Terror, catapults the investigators into a conspiracy, where spies and agents seek out those who would destabilize the new regime. Caught amongst the chaos and dangers of Paris, the way must be found to stop a nightmare that would plunge France and the rest of Europe into darkness.
“Meat is a luxury for many. Butchers slaughter beasts in the courtyards behind their shops; the blood flows out into the streets. The better cuts go to the wealthy while poorer Parisians eat mutton, sausages, offal, and salted pork.”
Reign of Terror provides a stand-alone setting for the Call of Cthulhu 7th edition game, with a plethora of historical details to help the Keeper bring Paris and the French Revolution to life. Profusely illustrated throughout, with detailed maps of Paris, the Palace of Versailles, and more! Alongside the two-part scenario of Reign of Terror is a range of scenario seeds, each providing roots for extending play and building a longer, more in-depth campaign.
Play with Less Prep
Reign of Terror on Roll20 includes:
- All maps, handouts, art, and character sheets fully integrated and ready for the virtual tabletop.
- Maps with GM layer information and dynamic lighting support (requires plus / pro subscription).
- Reign of Terror Module (2-6 investigators plus Keeper)
- Reign of Terror Scenario Seeds & Investigator Occupations Addon (9 scenario seeds to help create your own scenarios and 10 investigator occupations to create characters during the French Revolution)
What the Critics say about Reign of Terror:
- "Morrison’s love for this work shines through, and a reader easily recognizes the care and painstaking attention he and his team spent on this project… (There are) times when the players — the actual players — will want to run screaming from the room. It’s scary and it’s creepy and it’s gross and it will definitely give your more impressionable players nightmares. Just like it ought to." — Reckoning of the Dead.
- "I very strongly recommend Reign of Terror... If I were to use a single word to describe most of the encounters and scenes of the adventure, that word would be 'disturbing'... In the context of a horror scenario which reaches into supernatural paranoia, this is the highest praise possible." — Antonios S., RPGNet Review.
- "I certainly can see why REIGN OF TERROR is an award winner... Highly recommended: 9 out of 10!" — The Gaming Gang.
Play Call of Cthulhu with Roll20!
Throughout 2021 we'll be adding more Call of Cthulhu releases to Roll20 on a regular basis. Other current titles include:
- Call of Cthulhu Starter Set - $24.99
- Call of Cthulhu Quickstart Rules (inc. 'The Haunting' scenario) - FREE
- Call of Cthulhu Keeper Rulebook - $54.95
- Call of Cthulhu Investigator Handbook - $44.95
- Harlem Unbound - $44.99
- The Lightless Beacon - FREE
- Dead Light and Other Dark Turns - $14.99
- Gateways to Terror - $19.99
- Mansions of Madness Vol 1: Behind Closed Doors - $42.99
- Malleus Monstrorum Cthulhu Mythos Bestiary - $59.99
For useful tips and advice about playing Call of Cthulhu and other Chaosium games online, see our helpful Getting Started with Online Gaming guide.