The Call of Cthulhu release Gateways to Terror is now available on Roll20!
Three Portals into Nightmare
Gateways to Terror contains three short-play scenarios for the Call of Cthulhu 7th Edition roleplaying game, ideal for beginning and experienced players and Keepers alike. The scenarios can be played in as little as one hour but can be expanded for slightly longer play, and each comes with four ready-made investigators so you can jump right into the action!
Each scenario includes hints and tips for Keepers new and old, suggestions for additional investigators for larger groups, and a summary of the key rules needed to play.
Gateways to Terror contains three one-shot scenarios for Call of Cthulhu 7th Edition as well as a chapter of advice for Keepers preparing to run a session for new players.
The Necropolis - What ancient horrors lie slumbering in a newly discovered tomb deep in Egypt's Valley of the Kings? Are you allowing local superstitions and the unfortunate events surrounding the opening of Tutankhamen's tomb to play on your mind as you wait to step down into the darkness…
What's in the Cellar? - Did a respected businessman really commit the bloody murder of his beloved wife in the cellar of the family's ancestral holiday cabin? While the body has never been found, it seems like the criminal has been caught. Is a terrible injustice about to be served? Just what happened in that cellar?
The Dead Boarder - And, what has happened to that nice, quiet neighbor of yours? You’ve not seen hide nor hair of him in days! He wasn’t always the friendliest of sorts, but he did seem very pious, what with all the late-night prayers coming from his room…
Roll20 enhancements include:
- All maps, handouts, art, and character sheets fully integrated and ready for the virtual tabletop.
- Maps with GM layer information and dynamic lighting support (requires plus / pro subscription).
- The Necropolis Module (2-4 investigators plus Keeper)
- What's in the Cellar? Module (2-4 investigators plus Keeper)
- The Dead Boarder Module (2-4 investigators plus Keeper)
- Keeper Introduction Addon (Advice for new Keepers 6 scenario seeds to help create your own scenarios)
The Necropolis, What's in the Cellar, and The Dead Boarder are also available separately:
What the Critics say about Gateways to Terror:
- "A wonderful introductory product for getting new Keepers and players into the game" — RPG Imagings Call Of Cthulhu Gateways To Terror Unboxing and Overview (YouTube).
- "Short, Sharp Cthulhu: Gateways to Terror delivers three, short doses of horror and does so in an engaging, well designed, and multi-functional fashion." — Reviews from R’lyeh Short, Sharp, Cthulhu.
- "If you are in the business of introducing Call of Cthulhu to new players, I would say that Gateways To Terror is one of the better tools you can have in conjunction with the Starter Set." — Refereeing and Reflection Chaosium's Slim Scenario Sets.
Play Call of Cthulhu with Roll20!
Throughout 2021 we'll be adding more Call of Cthulhu releases to Roll20 on a regular basis. Other current titles include:
- Call of Cthulhu Starter Set - $24.99
- Call of Cthulhu Quickstart Rules (inc. 'The Haunting' scenario) - FREE
- Call of Cthulhu Keeper Rulebook - $54.95
- Call of Cthulhu Investigator Handbook - $44.95
- Harlem Unbound - $44.99
- The Lightless Beacon - FREE
- Dead Light and Other Dark Turns - $14.99
For useful tips and advice about playing Call of Cthulhu and other Chaosium games online, see our helpful Getting Started with Online Gaming guide.