A Guide to the Mythic Fantasy World of Glorantha!
The Glorantha Sourcebook is an essential resource for Greg Stafford’s world of Glorantha, one of the most extensively developed and renowned fantasy settings of all time. A world of mythology, gods, and heroes, Glorantha has inspired roleplaying games, board games, computer games, comics, fiction, and more, a setting beloved and revered worldwide.
An invaluable resource for gamemasters, players, and readers of fantasy worlds, this sourcebook is gorgeously illustrated and filled with informative maps and diagrams. Drawn from a variety of out-of-print and rare sources, this material has been dramatically revised, updated, and expanded. Alongside this foundational material are new essays, insights, and extrapolations on the world and its incredible denizens.
Inside this sourcebook, you’ll learn about the creation of the world; the main ages of its past; the history of Dragon Pass and its people; the pantheons of the gods, including the Lightbringer and Lunar pantheons; the Coming of Argrath; Elder Races such as the Elves, Dragonewts, Dwarves, and Trolls; genealogies of the major royal dynasties; legends and lore of the various tribes and peoples inhabiting Glorantha; the fundaments of Gloranthan magic and the Runes that shape the world; the history and gods of the mighty Lunar Empire; and finally, the Hero Wars!
“Glorantha is my personal North Star as an author of vast fantasy game narratives… a sacred but unattainable goal.”
-- Ken Rolston, The Elder Scrolls: Morrowind, Oblivion.
The Glorantha Sourcebook covers the following subjects:
- Geography: A basic overview of the geography of Glorantha.
- History of Dragon Pass: A history of the central crossroads of Glorantha.
- The Elder Races: A short overview of the main non-human species that predate humanity and once dominated the world.
- Theogony: The story of the gods of Glorantha, primarily arranged by element (Darkness, Water, Earth, Fire, and Air).
- Time: A history of Glorantha since the first Dawn.
- Gods of the Lunar Way: The new gods of the Lunar religion.
- Redline History of the Lunar Empire: A comprehensive history of the Lunar Empire since its founding and going until the early Hero Wars.
- Gloranthan Magic: A short essay on the Gloranthan Runes, types of magic, and some theories about what is magic.
- Gods and Mortals: An overview of gods, mortals, and those who straddle both worlds.
- Sartar Magical Union: A list of the magical units that served Prince Argrath in his war against the Lunar Empire.
An Excellent Companion to the award-winning Guide to Glorantha!
What the Critics Say
"Drawing on long out-of-print sources, and including new materials, this belongs in the collection of new Glorantha fans and old timers alike… vividly told, beautifully illustrated, and inspirational."—Andrew Logan Montgomery, Exploring the Otherworlds of Fiction, Magic, and Gaming.
"Awesome…rich in detail. …Quite surprisingly, Chaosium has managed to produce an introductory book that is also interesting for veteran fans of Glorantha."—El Runeblogger (review is in English).
"Be it because you want to run a campaign, to expropriate concepts wholesale, to get inspiration, to pleasantly read as a fragmented novel before bed time, or to adorn your coffee table thanks to its stunning imagery, you want The Glorantha Sourcebook. Surprise; it also supports RuneQuest Glorantha which just came out! Not many roleplaying books can be purchased for such a broad range of uses."—Antonios S. review, RPG.Net.
Inventory locations for this Product
In USA: Yes
In UK: Yes
In Australia: Yes
In Canada: No
All products will ship from the closest warehouse, and shipping is calculated per warehouse. We recommend you try to submit orders for a single warehouse at a time. See here for more examples.
PDF Included with Book - Make sure it is in your Cart
Physical Product Name: The Glorantha Sourcebook
PDF Name: The Glorantha Sourcebook - PDF
PDF URL: /the-glorantha-sourcebook-pdf/
If you add this book to your cart, the PDF for this book will be available for free! You should add the PDF to your shopping cart after you add the physical book in order to receive your FREE PDF. Please check your shopping cart for a link to the PDF before you begin the check out process.