16 Lovecraftian Tales From An Unforgettable Journey
Trains embody the promise and peril of technological advance. They unlock opportunities for wealth and travel, but also create incredible chaos—uprooting populations and blighting landscapes. Work on or around the rails leads to unwelcome discoveries and, in light of the Mythos, dire implications in the spread of the rail system as a whole.
A certain path to uncovering unwelcome truths about the universe is to venture beyond our own “placid island of ignorance” and encounter foreign cultures. The Orient Express serves as the perfect vehicle for such excursions, designed as a bridge between West and East. Movement into mystery forms the central action for many stories in this volume. The only limitation placed upon writers for this collection was that their works somehow involve the Orient Express and the Mythos.
The last warning whistle has blown, and we are getting underway. Have your tickets at the ready and settle in for a journey across unexpected landscapes to a destination that—well, we’ll just let you see for yourself when you arrive. We promise this though: murder will be the least of your problems on this trip aboard the Orient Express!
THIS IS A DOWNLOADABLE PRODUCT IN MULTIPLE ELECTRONIC FORMATS (PDF, EPUB, MOBI). Edited and introduced by James Lowder. Cover art by Victor Leza.
What the Critics Say
"Shockingly, uniformly good… It’s definitely one of the best anthologies, in terms of consistent quality of content, that I’ve seen in a while. Editor James Lowder deserves some kudos for this one."—Matthew J. Constantine.
THE TALES INCLUDED:
- "Introduction" by James Lowder
- "There is a Book" by Dennis Detwiller
- "The Lost Station Horror" by Geoff Gillan
- "Bitter Shadows" by Lisa Morton
- "La Musique de l’Ennui" by Kenneth Hite
- "A Great and Terrible Hunger" by Elaine Cunningham
- "Inscrutable" by Robin D. Laws
- "Engineered" by Ari Marmell
- "Black Cat of the Orient" by Lucien Soulban
- "The Face of the Deep" by C.A. Suleiman
- "Demons Dreaming" by Cody Goodfellow
- "A Finger’s Worth of Coal" by Richard Dansky
- "Bound for Home" by Christopher Golden
- "On the Eastbound Train" by Darrell Schweitzer
- "The God Beneath the Mountain" by James L. Sutter
- "Daddy, Daddy" by Penelope Love
- "Stained Windows" by Joshua Alan Doetsch
Physical Product Settings
Is Physical Product: [N]
Has Inventory: [Y]
United States: [Y]
United Kingdom: [Y]
Has Lulu: [N]
Lulu Product Name: [Nameless Horrors - POD]
Lulu Product Link: [/nameless-horrors-pod/]
Is PDF Available: [Y]
PDF Product Name: [Undead & Unbound eBook]
PDF Product Link: [/undead-unbound-ebook/]
Has Physical Product: [N]
Is Physical Available: [N]
Physical Product Name: [Y]
Physical Product Link: [Y]