Anything you can imagine, you can play…
HeroQuest is the innovative, dynamic, and flexible rules engine by Robin Laws, suitable for play in any genre or setting. It presents a simple and flexible system that allows Game Masters to make decisions the way authors and screenwriters do when creating novels, TV episodes and movies. HeroQuest encourages creative input from your players, resulting in an exciting, unpredictable narrative created through group collaboration.
Its resolution methods and scalable character levels make it equally suited for any genre, from epic Gloranthan fantasy to gritty occult investigations.
Completely rewritten by Robin Laws, this new edition opens and details running the core system for any genre.
Author: Robin Laws
What’s in this book?
This book contains everything needed for play:
- Character Creation – describe your character and get playing in minutes.
- Overcoming Obstacles – handling conflict, be it with swords, words, magic, superpowers, guns or armies.
- Playing Stories – how to vividly run your adventures in engaging and creative ways.
- Narrating – the secrets for balancing the give and take between narrators and players.
- Followers and Support – how your sidekick, followers, horde, army or community help you.
- Creating Genres – details for creating and detailing your game world.
- Gaming in Glorantha – a separate section on applying this system to Glorantha.
- Quick Reference – so you don’t have to hunt for the information you really need.
The HeroQuest Core Rules Book is intended for both players and narrators.
Playing in Glorantha?
We strongly recommend you get HeroQuest Glorantha instead. All the rules you need are in that book.
Note: This is a PDF.